Nisa Sedaghat grew up with a mixed Persian/European background giving way to her nomadic nature and insatiable quest to “try all the things” in the global food world. She has worked as a writer, creative consultant and editor for contemporary art magazines in Italy, art curators, luxury travel companies and food publications in the US, and as a copywriter for brands like Ray-Ban and Red Bull in Italy. She holds a B.S. in Global Business, a Master's in Photography and Visual Design and one in Creative Advertising.
She’s been to 24 countries and has yet to miss a flight—except when she in the love with the locals in Cambodia and chose to stay. She speaks six languages and while Italian is her current favorite—she is partial to sarcasm. Known by loved ones as a “bottomless pit,” one of her proudest accomplishments was living in and eating her way through Italy for several years as a celiac.
The following is a selection of some of the short and long form features and editorials she's written in the last two years. You may find more tales some of her global wanderings under "the journal."
Food & Booze
- Meet the Farms Behind Some of Denver's Favorite Restaurants - 4/26/18
- Denver's First Completely Gluten-Free Fast Casual Now Has Dinner - 4/17/18
- 16 Great Places to Eat Alone in Denver - 4/10/18
- 10 Best Denver Restaurants for Italian Food - 3/14/18
- 8 Badass Female Food Forces to Watch in 2018 - 2/21/18
- Boulder's Newest Restaurant is All About 'Real' New Mexican Green Chile - 12/19/17
- Denver Culinary Veterans Share Their Favorite Holiday Recipes - 12/12/17
- Meet the Three-Person Dream Team Behind Nationally-Recognized Annette - 09/28/17
- Back to School — Farm-To-Table Dinners Prove Eating Locally is More Than a Trend - 08/09/17
- We Tried It — Dinner Séance with Paranormal Investigators - 06/27/17
- How One Colorado Chef's Autoimmune Disease Change Her Career Forever - 05/16/17
- Here's the Best Food We Ate in Denver in 2017 - 12/28/17
- Staff Pick — The Blue Prawns at To the Wind Bistro - 01/13/17
303 Magazine - Lifestyle, Art & Culture
- Wander Between Realms this Valentine's Day with Aphrodite's Switchboard - 2/14/18
- DAM Curator Rebecca Hart Reflects on a Year of Politics and Art - 12/27/17
- Denver Artist Thomas Evans to Represent Denver During - 11/27/17
- A Guide to Tubing Boulder Creek - 6/23/17
- The Faces of First Fridays — Meet the Artists - 05/12/17
- "World's First" Cinematic iPhone Case Came Out of Denver - 04/14/17
- 3 Newer Boulder Boutiques You Should Know- 03/16/17
- Denver Artist Detour on Taking the Plunge As a Full Time Creative - 02/24/17
- Meet the Denver Drone Photographers Taking Photography a Miler Higher - 02/20/17
- The Top 6 Places to Go Sledding in the Boulder/Denver Area - 12/22/16
Features Written for Select Clients
- Authentic Asia Luxury Tours & Travels: Destination itineraries and guides
- Parterre de Rois Magazine - Artist Interviews
- Cottingham Fine Art "Conversations" with notorieties of the art collecting world
- Copywriting for ad campaigns. Select clients include: Red Bull Italia, San Benedetto, Ray-Ban/Luxottica, The Sartorialist, DDB Milan.
You may download a copy of my most recent resume here.